Thursday, February 9, 2017

Feedback Focus

I think I would rank these feedback strategies starting with my favorite technique, reading aloud, then using a timer, and copy and delete would be last. I personally prefer to read things out loud whenever possible because it helps me really engage and stay focused on what I'm reading. I find that my mind doesn't wander as much when I'm reading out loud as it does when I read in my head. Using a timer is my second choice of feedback technique because it encourages me to stay focused and read something all the way through without stopping because the time is going. It is easy to step away from reading something and take breaks from it (especially if it is long), but timing myself causing me to stay focused longer than I normally would. I ranked copy-and-delete as my third choice because I found that stopping to take notes after every single paragraph was very distracting and took me a lot longer to read the actual story than it normally would because it was hard to focus in on the next paragraph after I had just finished taking some notes on the previous one. I will definitely continue using all of these methods, especially reading out loud and timing myself.


(Photo from: Pixabay)

No comments:

Post a Comment