Sunday, February 12, 2017

Reading Notes: Tales of a Parrot, Part A

As I read the story, I noticed there are a lot of metaphors throughout it that compare people's features to the moon and the sun. As I continue reading, the parrot character is introduce and I realize he has human-like qualities and is able to communicate and predict things that are going to happen. The story in this book that was most surprising to me was The Parrot of Ferukh Beg because the merchants wife plucked all the feathers off of the parrot because he told the merchant of the affair that was going on. I was astonished by the cruelty she showed toward the bird and eventually the parrot made her shave her head and all the hair off of her body as punishment for what she did.




Bibliography: The Tooti Nameh or Tales of a Parrot by Ziya'al-Din Nakshabi

No comments:

Post a Comment