Sunday, April 9, 2017

Reading Notes Week 12: Faerie Queen, Part 1

I like how Sir Guyon and Prince Aurthor's motive is to recover those who have done wrong. I think it is great to see people with power use it for good rather than for evil. In this story, Princess Britomart of South Wales disguises herself as a squire (man of high social standing) to search for Artegall, the champion Knight of Justice. My favorite part of the story was the encounter in the woods with Florimell. I liked the vivid imagery used to describe her and her white pony. I think I want to set my next story in a discreet cabin in the woods. I think it would make for a very mysterious story to have a girl living alone in the woods.



(Photo from: Max Pixel)



Bibliography: The Faerie Queene by Edmond Spenser

No comments:

Post a Comment