Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Reading Options

Reading Options for Week 2:
1. Homer's Iliad (retold by A.J. Church)
I want to read this story because I am very unfamiliar with the Trojan War. I am looking forward to reading about the Greek hero Achilles and the Trojan hero Hector. I find the stories a little bit challenging to understand since the topics are not familiar to me, but I think the plot seems to be very interesting and worth exploring.



Middle Eastern and Indian Units
2. Arabian Nights (Scheherazade)
I am looking forward to reading the Aladdin and the Lamp stories in part 2 of this section. Aladdin is a character that I am familiar with and I am looking forward to seeing what unique stories are told. I am not familiar with any of the characters in part 1, but I think it will be fun to find out about these Middle Eastern tales.

Native American Units
3. Myths and Legends of California and the Old Southwest (Judson)
I am looking forward to this unit because I am currently taking Choctaw and I took Native American Studies in the past. These classes have expanded my horizons and introduced me to Native American lifestyle. These stories are about how the world came to be, which should be an interesting read.

No comments:

Post a Comment