Sunday, March 19, 2017

Reading Notes: American Indian Fairy Tales, Part A

Iagoo is a very interesting character to me because he is so wise and knows so much. I think it would be fun to write a story about a character like him who is able to see the future or know what's going to happen next. I really like how the children love him so much. I think children have great intuition so he must be a great man if they love him so much. Iagoo told stories to them that answered so many of their questions and entertained them all winter long. I think it would also make a great story to write one of my stories for this class told in the winter sitting around a fire, just like Iagoo did with the children. I appreciated the imagery in this portion of the story because I could really picture what the kids looked like as they listen to Iagoo, wide-eyed, trying to stay warm by the crackling fire.
Iagoo tells the story of Shin-ge-bis and all of his power. My favorite part of his character is how he's always laughing and his spirits are always up.


(Photo From: American Indian Fairy Tales illustrated by John Rae)

Bilbiography:

No comments:

Post a Comment