Sunday, March 5, 2017

Week 8 Growth Mindset

Out of this whole list, the dimension that stood out to me most is doing the minimum/pushing yourself to go farther. I always strive to go the extra mile in everything I'm involved in and never be complacent. I want to be the hardest worker in the room at all times and never be satisfied with only doing the bare minimum. One dimension I need to work on is being willing to try new things instead of staying in my comfort zone. I have an open mind and like to try new things, but I also tend to stick with what I know and what I'm used to. Another dimension I'm really good at is getting things done ahead of time and not procrastinating. Any time I have some free time, I like to get ahead in my classes and I'm always extremely aware of when assignments are due and when my quizzes and tests are. I stay on top of my school work and I'm extremely organized.


(Photo from: Flickr)

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Jamie! It is a really good quality to have where you push yourself to do your best no matter what. That quality no doubt comes from being an athlete. I am also not the best at trying new things and it is something I need to work on. I'm really jealous of your time management and ability to self-discipline and work ahead. That has never been my strength so I commend you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share the same sentiment when it comes to pushing boundaries. When it comes to things I'm passionate about, I always do more than what I consider the minimum amount of work. I can't say I'm the same with procrastination though, haha. I often leave stuff until the last minute to do. I wish I had your level of discipline and motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read many people’s growth mindset, and the pushing yourself further concept tends to be a trend. I am also guilty of doing the bare minimum. I completely relate to you. I enjoy doing new things, but it’s an effort to actually go and do it. Setting new habits of doing things and staying organized will come easily once you get the hang of it. You got this!

    ReplyDelete